Sunday, July 5, 2015

EIB Network CEO, Bola Ray Wins 2015 GUBA Media & Entertainment Award

The Founder of the HODA Group Dr Kwabena Duffuor received the Exceptional Achievement Award at the 2015 Ghana UK Based Achievement (GUBA) awards held in London, Saturday.

Dr Duffuor, a former Finance Minister of Ghana and Governor of the Bank of Ghana, was awarded for his outstanding performances over the years in establishing successful companies including uniBank and the EIB Network which is made up of Starr FM, Ultimate FM, Kasapa FM, Agoo FM, Live FM, Empire FM, Heritage newspaper, starrfmonline.com and a host of others.

Dr Duffuor’s tenure as head of Ghana’s economy recorded one of the longest single digit inflation and was one-time named the best Finance Minister.

Receiving his award, Dr Duffuor said: “I’m humbled by what is said about me this evening. Sincere thanks to the GUBA advisory committee… I have won awards after awards.”
The banker eulogised late President John Evans Atta Mills for believing in him in making him his first Finance Minister when the National Democratic Congress (NDC) came to power in 2009.

He also saluted the heads of the various companies he owns, friends and family.

“I dedicate this award to friends and loved ones – my pretty wife, my children, my family and my friends. Indeed, when you are supported by your loved ones, as I have realised, nothing will stop you from achieving your goals. I thank them for everything.

“I’ll love to dedicate this to my lovely companies – my CEOs – you have done this for me and I salute you. It was not for nothing that our forefathers chose the eagle as our symbol. If Ghana is in difficulty right now, it means the eagle is down, that is not our place, we’ll soar.


We should try to develop Ghana that our children’s children will believe in, a country that our children will be proud of, a country that foreigners will be proud of… it is so easy to do business in Ghana, come to Ghana to do business and help the eagle to fly,” the economist said.

Another awardee from the HODA Group was the inexhaustible CEO of the EIB Network Nathaniel Kwabena Anokye Adisi, popularly known as Bola Ray. The Multi-skilled Ghanaian radio broadcaster was adjudged the 2015 GUBA Black Award for Media and Entertainment. He dedicated his award to Dr Duffuor, his management and staff.

“This award is to a man I have come to respect so much. I call him daddy now; Dr Duffuor. It’s been 17 years of struggling. This is to tell people that it is possible," Bola Ray opined.

The owner of Peace FM Osei Kwame ‘Despite’ was part of the award winners as well as boxing legend Azumah Nelson while the GUBA Posthumous Special Achievement Award went to late Komla Dumor.

The GUBA Awards ceremony is a platform for celebrating excellence and exceptional achievements by Ghanaians and to honour extraordinary accomplishments of those in the UK and Ghana.

It is a non-profit awards event and has been endorsed by the Ghana High Commission to the UK and Ireland, the British High Commission, Ghana, and the Ministry of Tourism, Ghana.

Source: Ghana/starrfmonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

.