Friday, May 27, 2016

Abeiku Santana Kicks Off Tourism Awareness Initiative

Ace Ghanaian broadcaster Abeiku Santana who was recently appointed as one of Ghana’s tourism ambassadors has outlined his activities so far.

The awareness sensitization on tourism this week has been fantastic with the people. We need to come to the point of realization that Tourism industry has the germ to turn our economy around if given the needed attention and push. 

It's a shared responsibility. Thanks to everyone who is willing to raise the awareness. I began my activity this week with taxi drivers at the Kotoka International Airport, Accra. I continued to Kumasi and returned to Accra the same day. 

I have been to the following media houses since Monday ; Hitz 103.9Fm Breakfast show, Pluzz 89.9Fm Breakfast Show, Citi 97.3fm Breakfast show, Adom TV News. 

I have also visited The following Hotels; African Regent Hotel, La Villa Boutique Hotel, Oak Plaza Hotel, Best Western Premier Hotel and Labadi Beach Hotel. 

I had the privilege to meet HRH, Earl of Wessex Prince Edward, the son of the Duke of Edinburgh and briefly talked about our tourism industry. Lord Paul Boateng, the first Black African to become a member of the British Parliament assured me of his support. 

In a brief Chat with The British High Commissioner to Ghana Jon Benjamin, he intimated that sanitation awareness must be inculcated into my plan. We have scheduled an official meeting on that. 

I want to thank the Minister of Tourism Culture and Creative Arts, Mrs Elizabeth Ofosu Agyare for giving me this responsibility which I consider worth doing. 

Abeiku Aggrey Santana 

Tourism Ambassador, Ghana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.