Tuesday, August 18, 2015

“I’ve Never Felt So Rejected” – Lydia Forson Tells President Mahama

Lydia Forson has become the second Ghanaian actress to express disappointment in President John Mahama’s endorsement of fellow actor John Dumelo.

President Mahama in an interview last week was asked who he considered as his favourite Ghanaian actor and he mentioned the ‘Love or Something Like That' actor saying he enjoys his acting.

He also commended Jackie Appiah and Kumawood actors Lil-Win, Kyewaa, plus movie producer Shirley Frimpong Manso for their work as creatives.

But the President’s ‘selective’ appreciation of these artistes, especially John Dumelo, has been described as discriminatory by Yvonne Nelson.

In her exact words, the ‘If Tomorrow Never Comes’ producer said, “For me, I want to see Ghana there and that’s a cool thing, Sarkodie is putting Ghana there so the President has to love him and so the President should mention more names to encourage us”.

“He should mention names like Sarkodie, Jackie Appiah, Myself, Majid Michel, John Dumelo. These are people putting Ghana on the map. We need that kind of encouragement from our leaders,” she intimated.

Meanwhile 'A Letter From Adam' producer, Lydia Forson, seems to have seconded Nelson in a sarcastic letter she published on her blog Tuesday.

Read below, the note which has been described by some critics as a total mockery of Yvonne Nelson’s protest.

“I’m very hurt that I didn’t make it on President Mahama’s list. I’m heartbroken even.

Regardless of our personal issues I still watch and enjoy him on TV when he comes on.

Why, why why?

I can’t eat, sleep or even manage to drag myself out of bed because of this.

I don’t wish this kind of heartbreak on anyone.

I’m even losing weight over it….ok that’s a lie, my butts not going anywhere.

But I’ve never felt so rejected.’

Anyway, its fine I know my broken heart will be alright.

One day someone will come along and tell me I’m their favourite actress…

#missforson #jokes”

Source: Ghana/StarrFMonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

.