Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Okyeame Kwame Deceived Me At +233 Jazz Bar And Grill

One significant thing that pushed me to attend ‘Okyeame Kwame Stripped’ concert at the +233 Jazz Bar and Grill on 8th May was to see the star premier his new music video but most importantly, to see if truly he was going to go naked on stage as he promised his fans.

I got to the concert a bit late when Okyeame had performed quite a number of my favourite songs of his. The first question I asked an attendant at the entrance before buying the ticket was “has Okyeame Kwame already stripped naked on stage, if No, is he truly going to go naked”. This was because I didn’t want to buy the ticket and miss out my favourite part of the concert thus ‘to see Okyeame strip naked’.

Frankly speaking, I am fan of live band. No matter my condition, I automatically go crazy at any live band event. It was no different at the +233 Jazz Bar and Grill when I entered the auditorium to see my number one Ghanaian Artiste, ‘Okyeame Kwame’, perform with the Patch Bay band. I danced liked there was no tomorrow.

At a point in time, when it was about 11:00pm, I realized there were no signs of my favourite part of the concert approaching. I drew closer to the attendant for the second time and asked him again when Okyeame will strip naked. I didn’t like the “I don’t know oo” answer he gave me, but I moved on and waited patiently to watch the events unfold.

I am 5ft tall and a very shy type. Getting to the event late - which I must admit is becoming a very annoying habit, contracted me to stand on my feet till the end of the show since the place was packed. 
Hurray!! It was questions and answer time, this is what I’ve been waiting for!! Patrons would now have the opportunity to ask Okyeame Kwame any question and also tell him to take off any part of what he is wearing till he gets naked on stage.

At this point, I maneuvered to the forefront to have a full view of his nakedness when he stripped. Questions upon questions were asked but none was brave to ask Okyeame to take off his watch; not to talk of his shirt. Poor me!

My shyness got the best of me again. Why didn’t I gather courage to ask him to take off his shirt?  And why didn’t Okyeame also volunteer to strip? These were the questions on my lips as I left the venue.

I got home very pissed at myself. How I would have loved to see Okyeame Kwame stripped naked on stage. Okyeame Kwame lied to me.

My name is Decontee Blankson, I am Okyeame Kwame’s number fan.

By David Pablo of Cypress Ghana

No comments:

Post a Comment

.