Wednesday, October 30, 2013

“Too Much Pride in Gospel Musicians” - Ernest Acheampong

Kumasi-based gospel musician popularly known as Ernest Acheampong has said Gospel musicians have high ego.

He told Flex Newspaper on a phone conversation when this reporter asked him his feelings about the input of one gospel female artiste in the person of Nhyira Betty whom he featured in his latest album titled “Wo Da So Ye Onyame” and he had this to say.

“Splendid, I will say. I think if Ghanaian gospel musicians will emulate what Nhyira Betty did, it will go a long way to promote the Kingdom of God. Mostly, one finds it very difficult to feature his or her fellow gospel musician. I tried calling on many colleague gospel musicians to have featured on my album but they refused.

Some intentionally extended me to their managers just to frustrate me. This to me is not Christian-like. I don't really get it why we Christians will be doing this to ourselves. I made only one call to Nhyira Betty and she accepted to help” Ernest Acheampong stated.

“Even the so called secular musicians do it for themselves, in respect of either promoting their fellow artiste or one will say promoting their brands, so why can't gospel musicians do same? I get so sad when we do this to ourselves.

We see our Reverend Ministers, Prophets and Evangelists helping each other's in their various crusades, pulling souls for Christ. This is the beauty of being Christians. So I don't know why gospel musicians refuse that. To me, in short, I say it's 'Pride' we must desist from that.”
Ernest Acheampong went on to commend Nhyira Betty for her good heart and added that he knows that lady will go far. Ernest Acheampong is a member of the Church of Pentecost who has for the past years churned out hits after hits. He is under the management of Hossana Productions.

By Stephen K. Nakujah

No comments:

Post a Comment

.