Thursday, April 16, 2015

#VGMA15 : Compozers Performance Was Just Awesome - Amanda Jissih

When the masses felt ‘flied’ UK-based live band performers, Compozers performance was just a loud-volumed CD playing and they backing it with their instrumentals on stage at the just ended 2015 VGMA; E-Talk show host on GhOne TV, Amanda Jissih seeks to differ saying, “for me, I really enjoyed their performance and so did the audience enjoyed them while on stage.”

“They are so talented. One could tell the passion they displayed during their performance. I could tell the guys were enjoying what they were doing as it actually reflected in the cheering from the audience, who were as well enjoying their performance. And just when their performance came to an end, almost everyone in the auditorium was disappointed,” she added.

According to Amanda, “this is what it is, although I maybe wrong, the Compozers performed along the instrumentals of the songs heard on the night and the part where the artistes voices we heard singing were played from the CD, so it wasn’t just a CD playing and they acting to be playing their instrumentals.”

“It was a live band and a CD of the artistes singing without its actual rhythms, but a rhythm from the strings, drums among other instrumentals the live band performers, Compozers played on the night and that was a lot of work.”
In a phone interview with AmaLarbieAfrica, the beautiful plump TV host, Amanda Jissih advised that it is about time people understand that live band music is not a joke, hence, anyone who does live band needs to be respected because a lot of hard work goes into it and that defines an artiste who understands what music is.

“Most Ghanaian artistes are now doing live band because they want people to understand that they know what music is and just like Daddy Lumba (DL) defined Highlife, it is a music made by Ghanaians for the people of Ghana,” she said.

Adding, “and that is the music genre originated here in Ghana, so where do you get Highlife from? You can’t do highlife without playing with a live band. So for me, I really did enjoy the performance by Compozers.”

Responding to public opinions about her on the red carpet, Amanda Jissih said, “whether the public agree or disagree, I haven’t seen anyone who has rocked on the red carpet in terms of presenting as I did last Saturday night.”

“So their opinions they can keep to themselves. I had fun and one thing they (public) needs to know is that I don’t live a pretentious life. Did they expect me to place a ‘cupboard’ on my tummy to make it flat? That is me and that cannot be changed about me,” she lamented.

Congratulating the 2015 VGMA Artiste of the year, Stonebwoy; Amanda Jissih indicated, “Stonebwoy indeed deserved to win. He ‘kills’ himself to write his songs and a lot goes into production of his songs. Every song of his is real music; I mean good music and for him to come this far?”

“I’m really happy for him as well as the other nominees who worked hard to earn nomination in that category. Also, I would like to congratulate Wiyaala for winning the Best Female Vocal Performance category,” she added.

On performances on the night by Tic Tac and Tinny, Amanda indicated that the whole idea of billing the two acts to perform at the just ended 2015 VGMA “was a great idea, they took us back with their old songs and I was much-thrilled when Joey B and Pappy Kojo joined Tinny on stage; that was so real of them.” 

Watch Compozers performance below:

By: Ama Larbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

.