Thursday, December 4, 2014

Gospel Singer Cindy Thompson Speaks On Sexual Abuse

Gospel musician Cindy Thompson has declared that she is open to having her inspirational gospel songs used by any political party for campaign purposes.

Ms Thompson whose ‘Awurade Kasa’ tune was used by the New Patriotic Party as one of their signature campaign songs in 2000 was tagged as a member of the party and accused of composing the song solely for them.

“I didn’t give it to them but that’s the song they choose,” Miss Thompson said.

The stirring songstress in a revealing interview on STARR CHAT with Bola Ray on Wednesday December 3 2014, said she had no association whatsoever with any member of the party.

“To be frank with you, those days when I came out with the album, frankly nobody called me or asked my manager for it. I was home one day and I was called that turn on your TV they are singing your song at a rally, I was afraid and I put off the TV. I was so much afraid and said my goodness” Cindy Thompson told Bola Ray.

The singer’s fear puns out of her moral obligation as a public figure and a gospel musician whose songs impact the lives of Ghanaians along different political lines.

“In fact for six months or I think three months I couldn’t go out. I had to disguise myself,” she added.

The ‘Awurade Kasa’ hitmaker however revealed the party never paid her management any loyalties for using the soundtrack until after 8 years.

“…Initially not at all...but later they came and sat down with my manager...after 8 years”.


But Miss Thompson was excited the song was used anyway and she got to meet the former President John Agyekum Kufuor in the process.

“One thing I must appreciate, I was there and I heard that president Kufuor was looking for me. The humility in his actions made me know that God knew me...wherever you are hiding let God Know where you are,”she advised her fans.

“They want it, they like it and they have been using it so they should carry it on...if any political party wants one of my songs they can have it. But not ‘Awurade Kasa’.”

Source: Ghana/StarrFMonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

.