Friday, August 15, 2014

Akwaboah Talks New Single, & Writing Songs For Efya, Becca & Others Without Payment

After his controversial nomination in the New Artiste of the Year category at this year’s Vodafone Ghana Music Awards, Akwaboah has been working tirelessly in preparation for his debut album, and he is set to release a highlife single soon.

The well-arranged, mid tempo track, ‘Me Do’ (My Love) features Steve Bedi . Coming from a solid highlife background as far as his father, Kojo Akwaboah and his grandfather Kwabena Akwaboah, “Me Do” gives a true reflection of Akwaboah’s musical ancestry.

This would be Akwaboah’s fifth single released under his Knockout Concepts management label. He is currently working on the video for “Me do”.

Meanwhile Akwaboah Jnr recently revealed a number of things on his journey music on The Weekend Show on Citi FM which was hosted by William Diego Parker-Benin.

When he was asked by the host, why he wrote songs and gave it out to performing artistes for free, he remarked, ”As at that time, I was just new to the game, I failed to recognize the business aspect of the work. I did not know that the songs were my intellectual property so i was just giving them out.”

He continued, ‘‘I’m not a philanthropist anymore, I have learnt my lessons. I have now placed a price tag on writing songs for others.”

Akwaboah has written several hit songs for various artists in cluing Becca’s ‘Daa ke daa’, Dsp Kofi Sarpong’s ‘Ayeyi Ndwom’, Efya’s ‘Best In Me’ among others without a fee.

Akwaboah’s personal singles so far Include I Do Love You, Nsroma ft. Becca, Forever ft. Okyeame Kwame, Mesan Agye Wo. He also hinted that his fans should also expect a song Kwabena Kwabena.

Written by Amekor Shola Evershed

No comments:

Post a Comment

.