Thursday, June 5, 2014

BASS Awards Organisers Should Ban Samini For Pulling Out Says Blakk Rasta

Host of ‘Taxi Driver on Hitz 103.9 FM, Blakk Rasta last Monday expressed his views on this year’s Bass Awards during a discussion with one of our reporters. When he was asked his thoughts about the organization of the awards he had this to say: “Last year’s Bass Awards was a mediocre.

They just shared the awards. I had about seven nominations and I had the best video but they gave it up to somebody. I thought I had very good video but they just shared it. Everybody had his share. Indeed everybody who was nominated had an award. Everyone went home with an award.”

He added that this year’s has just started and he hopes that there will be more energy and fire to push it. He said when they opened the nominations, he submitted his album made up of about 19 songs and hopes something good will come his way. The Rootical also agreed to the assertion by some people that this year is Shatta Wale’s year and added that he even thinks that could be the reason why some people are pulling out of the awards.

“Shatta Wale has brought some fire into dancehall so if he sweeps more awards, I will not begrudge him. We have never had any excitement in reggae and dancehall like this time and if I were in his shoes, I will expect that I win more awards,” Blakk said.

When Blakk Rasta was asked if he trusts Daddy Bosco as being the head of the Bass Awards committee, he said Daddy Bosco is that kind of person who will say ‘oh last year this person won this category so let`s give it to a different person. I expect them to do something better or else we will come out with our own awards next year.

He added his voice to Samini pulling out of the awards saying it is his ego that led him to take that decision. “Does it mean when he does not make an impact next year he will withdraw again. He is disgracing the awards. If I were the organizers, I would ban Samini for three years,” he asked.

Source: Flex Newspaper

No comments:

Post a Comment

.