Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Piece of Peace: The Overnight Success Myth…

Welcome to your regular dose of ‘A PIECE OF PEACE’! I believe we are all born to be great in our own way, and life is a journey laced with a series of lessons to enable you to unlock your inner greatness! 

So stayed tuned for a personal insight on tips, information and advice aimed to inspire and motivate that I am discovering as I embark on my journey to unlocking my inner greatness. I hope it helps you as it is helping me!

Today I would like to share on the topic: The Overnight Success Myth…

Thomas A Edison, the inventor of the Light bulb, failed a total of 10,000 times before he finally succeeded. Many years later when asked in an interview why he failed so many times, he answered “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work”.

James Dyson, the inventor of the Vacuum cleaner made the statement “I made 5,127 prototypes of my vaccum before I got it right. There were 5,126 failures. But I learned from each one. That’s how I came up with a solution. So I don’t mind failure.”

Many times we get tricked into believing that we can succeed overnight. All it takes is a great idea or product and everyone will buy into our dream. We put everything on the line in desperate anticipation of that overnight success.
When it does not happen as quickly as we thought it would, we give up on our dreams claiming the idea to be worthless and not feasible. Opportunity is missed by most people because it’s dressed in overalls and looks like work.

The only ingredient for success is hard work. Genius as they say is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration. How you cope with the long road of failures will determine if you eventually make it out of the tunnel to success.

Remember, you will not fail just once or twice. With the Dyson vacuum cleaner he failed 5126 times. Edison failed 10,000 times.

Now what would have happened if Edison stopped on 10,000 attempt? We would not have the light bulb. By going to 10,001, he finally got the success he was working so hard for. Many people are pushed into the lime light for numerous reasons and because we have no idea about their journey to success, it always seems on the outside that it was an overnight success. Today let us remember, there is no such thing as an overnight success. The only tried and tested way to success is through hard work and perseverance.

No matter which end of the success ladder you are on, no mater what your number of failed attempts are and no matter how many people are laughing at you and have written you off, always remember, you are one failure away from the success you have been searching for. There is no Overnight Success, but as long as you remain persistent you will succeed eventually!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken!

Peace Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment

.