Sunday, February 10, 2019

Fimfim Sends Late Ebony A Letter

YOUNG PROLIFIC Ghanaian songwriter, composer, performer, and producer known in showbiz as Fimfim is sending a long letter to the late Ebony in his new track dubbed ‘Dear Bony’

According to him, ‘Dear Bony’ is not just any other song but a piece he puts together to keep Ebony fresh in the memories of people. “I imagined her in heaven and decided to write a letter to her. The content of the letter is what the song is all about,” he said.

He added that, “It's very normal for people to forget about people the very moment they die. Nana Hemaa is one female artist that I cherished so much and so dedicated a tribute song to her when she passed. I don't think I could've delivered this piece of awesomeness if I was ever contracted to do this song. This song was brewed out of the love I have for her and also to keep her name and good works alive.”

Fimfim, who started as a rapper and later ventured into production, which is solely making beats and recording  songs, has produced for other musicians and currently responsible for the banger by Tulenkey titled ‘Proud Fuck Boys’. “Other musicians that I've produced for are Mzbel, 2twenty, Dobble, King Prinz, 5five, Luta, Jupitar, Deon Boakye, Gariba, Gemini, and more.”

The artiste  said  he has quite a number of songs to his  credit but notable amongst them are ‘She wan me’ feating Jupitar; ‘One Boy One Girl’ featuring Luta; ‘Donkomi’ featuring Kwaw Kesse; ‘Make Way’ featuring Gemini; ‘Nana Nie’; ‘Selewa’ featuring Haywaya; ‘The Rapperman’ ft Kesse and ‘Ohene’, an African hip hop story. “All these songs were produced by me.”

“‘Dear Bony’ is 4mins 58secs short and I said short because you get so much engulfed in the story that you don't realize when it ends. This project commenced mid last year and was completed in January this year.

“The project took that long because I had to re-record several times before I could settle on what I really wanted. The song needed to carry emotions and retaking it several times was the only guarantee to get it right.”

‘Dear Bony’, which is a hip pop genre, is set to be released today, February 8, which happens to be the first anniversary of Ebony’s passing.

“The song is on all digital platforms such as iTunes, Spotify, and deezer. It also has a splendid video to it on YouTube. Just search Fimfim.gh on YouTube and you'll be directed to the link to my channel to watch the video and other nice videos.”

The artiste, who expressed his nostalgic feelings towards the late Ebony, passed a note to Mr Kwarteng, her father, and Bullet, her manager, that, “It's quite unfortunate she's not here but I would only wish she doesn't change.I miss her free spiritedness.

“I don't think I have any advice for both of them but all I would say is, Bony lived a sweet life and was a fighter. The people really loved her and all that love might gradually fade when she's not allowed to rest in peace.

“’Dear Bony is a letter to Ebony in heaven and I urge everyone to read this letter when it's released.”

WRITTEN BY ERICA ARTHUR

No comments:

Post a Comment

.