Monday, July 16, 2018

TV Host Anita Owusu Surprises Fan With GHS 3,000 Instead Of Promised GHS 500


Seasoned Television (TV) personality Anita Owusu has awarded a sum of GHS3,000.00 to Samuel Boakye Acheampong, 23 year old University of Cape Coast student from NkawKaw​ who was part of five other winners who partook in Anita’s Father’s Day InstaVoice ​Sweepstakes.

What would you do if you received a phone call telling you that you had won 500 cedis? Samuel Boakye Acheampong, the 23 year old student from NkawKaw who’s pursuing a long distance program with UCC (University of Cape Coast), decided to seize this opportunity.

According to a release copied to CYPRESS GHANA, MCPR Africa, representative of the celebrity stated that “Many people thought this was a scam but Samuel decided to seize this opportunity. He hopped into a trotro and travelled from theEastern Region to Accra, for the first time in his life after being named a winner. He travelled to pick-up the promised 500 cedis prize but walked away with 3,000 cedis instead!.”

The release elaborated that “Samuel arrived thirty minutes early at The Shop Accra in Osu where he would be awarded his prize. He wasthen asked to wait for the five other confirmed winners. Samuel waited and waited, but the other five winnersDID NOT SHOW UP. So in a stunning move, Anita Owusu decided to surprise Samuel by awarding him theentire 3,000 cedis cash prize, which was transferred to him on the spot through mobile money.”

“Lots of people don’t seem to believe in this sort of competition, but I have already awarded a number ofwinners on my InstaVoice pages in the past years. As you can see it’s very true,” revealed Anita Owusu. “I’mvery happy that my competition with Instavoice, the participating networks, and the MCPR Africa team madeSamuel’s dreams come true. I hope we have sent a message to subscribers and winners who fail to show up.”

InstaVoice Channels is a celebrity voice messaging service that now includes video. Fans subscribe to listento daily messages from their favorite celebrities for a small fee on all networks. Over the years, Public Relations firm MCPR Africa has been concerned that most subscribers to InstaVoice services do not believethat the competitions are real. In a number of cases, it’s the second, third and even fourth place winners whoreceive the awards due to NO SHOW or NO RESPONSE by initial winners.

In response to his win, Samuel Boakye Acheampong remarked, “I was so shocked and happy. I wasn’t evensure of the initial 500 cedis when I got the call, but I told myself that once I’ve been invited and I have given myword, I have to honour it. This is a miracle, I am now able to pay my school fees. I will be going to church togive thanks to God.”

He added, “I was trying to figure out how to make ends meet, and I took a chance. I never, ever thought thatsomething like this would be possible. The other winners should have AT LEAST made an effort to show up.They should have been here to verify before drawing any conclusions. But I thank them for not comingbecause I’m now 3,000 cedis richer!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

.