Friday, June 22, 2018

Choppa Chop Releases "I Feel So"

I Feel So is the latest single from deejay Choppa Chop.  The song was released in March and is produced by New York based Bobby Konders for the Massive B label. It is featured on the Rude Boy Skank riddim.

Choppa Chop shared how the song came about.

'Well Bobby sent me the riddim and I asked him what topic he would like me to debate about, and he said I should do a weed & girls song , play with the words , is it a weed song or is he talking about his girl. So that's how it came about'.

Originally from the garden parish of St. Ann, Choppa Chop grew up in East Kingston. He presently resides in Mona.

He began deejaying during his teenage years where he learnt to improve his skills.  Listing the likes of Bob Marley, Dennis Brown, Alton Ellis and Black Uhuru among his musical influences, Choppa believes his creativity as an artiste sets him apart from the competition.


'I am a creative person in everything that I do, so what I take with me to the game is my sense of humour, smooth melodies and some education to go with it', he shared.

This isn't the first time that Choppa has worked with Konders. They previously collaborated on songs including Lovely Day, Real Herbs and Set It Off.

Choppa whose given name is Calvin Johnson, made his recording debut at the famed Penthouse Records.  Veteran artiste Junior Demus introduced him to Big Yard label's Robert Livingston and there has been no turning back for him.

He has performed in countries such as Holland, Germany, Belgium, France and the United States.

Choppa has commenced working on an EP for release next year. His forthcoming release is titled Crime Scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.