Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Moesha Decided Against Coming Back To Ghana After CNN Interview Backlash

TV Producer and co-host of Celebrity Fanzone on GH One TV, Chantelle Asante, has revealed that embattled Ghanaian actress Moesha Boduong decided against coming back to Ghana few days after excerpts of her interview with CNN’s Amanpour was released.

Chantelle, a pal of the embattled actress also revealed on Celebrity Fanzone last Saturday that Moesha was distraught after the backlash and decided against coming back home from abroad after the incidence.

“I spoke to her on the phone a day after the whole thing. She is like one of my little daughters and she normally comes to me for advice. She was really hurt, she was in tears, she said ‘she can’t eat, she can’t drink’ because that wasn’t what she intended,”Chantelle revealed.

“Luckily she is not in the country at the moment. She was actually on her way back but because of what happened she changed her flight,” she added.

Using herself as an example, Moesha disclosed in an interview with Amanpour that she was sleeping with a married man in order to pay her bills.

“In Ghana, our economy is such a way that you need someone to take care of you. You can’t make enough money as a woman here. Because even when you want to get an apartment, in Ghana they take two years' advance and I just started working where will I get money to pay?" she told Christiane Amanpour.

Shocked by the revelation, CNN’s Christine Amanpour asked her “are you basically telling me that you are having sex with this guy to pay your rent?”

Moesha responded saying "because he can afford to take care of you. He takes care of me, my financials, my apartment, my car, my rent everything.”

However, her comments which also extended her sleeping with men for money to Ghanaian women in general, has irked a lot of Ghanaians who have condemned and attacked her for demeaning other hard working women in the country.

Moesha, has since rendered an apology to Ghanaians for her comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.