Monday, March 20, 2017

KOD Rejects Comments That He Begged KKD To Keep Him Out Of Rape Saga

Ghanaian TV/ radio and fashion icon Kofi Okyere Darko popularly known as KOD has rejected comments made by ace broadcaster Kwasi Kyei Darkwa (KKD) a year ago suggesting, he [KOD] begged him not to mention his name, after he was arrested for an alleged rape incident.

In an interview with Deloris Frimpong Manso in August 2016, KKD disclosed that his brother and friend, Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD), was with him at the African Regent Hotel the night he was alleged to have raped a young lady, but went on his knees to beg him not to mention his name.

In a very explicit interview, KKD gave a blow-to-blow account of what transpired without mincing words.

“KOD was there, he had knelt down begging me…and I want to make this public today that those whom he (KOD) mentioned their names, they should also come out to deny what he was lying.”

KOD however, in an exclusive interview on the hit satirical talk show, Tonight with Nii Kpakpo Thompson on Joy Prime last Sunday denied ever begging KKD not to mention his name.
“He called me on his birthday last year and said that, ‘hey I’m his younger brother, I’m his son. What he said on the Delay Show was not what he really wanted to say.’’ ‘’Because I did not beg him not to mention my name. It was way after the event that I apologized to him.”

KOD also revealed to host Nii Kpakpo Thompson that that former President Rawlings took keen interest in the issue and called him to find out the truth of the matter. KOD also disclosed that Rawlings encouraged him to speak out about the issue.

“When it happened President Rawlings told me that he thinks that being everything that I am I didn’t have to be quiet about it and I have to go out and talk about the facts of the matter because he was very concerned, he was very concerned, he had an interest in that case. And am like a son… so to make sure am doing the right thing, he called me and wanted to know the truth and I told him.”

Despite the challenges that the duo had to go through during the crisis, KOD maintained that he had since mended his relationship with his friend insisting that the incidence was the lowest point in his life.

“When my father died, KKD came home. And it was at a time I could feel things were not okay between KKD and myself. I spoke to him in Twi [If you are here let me use the opportunity to apologize to you]. He felt that I should have been in court or sitting on a show like this one in his defense but my lawyers had talked to me. My lawyers said that where the act took place I was not there. And he had conceded that he had consensual sex with the young lady. He had spoken for himself, what else was I going to say?”

“I have now buried this issue like my father, it’s been the lowest low in my life,” KOD stated.

The State was forced to drop its charges against the entertainment personality in April, 2015 because the lady at the centre of the rape charge against KKD said she was no longer interested in the case.

Tonight with Nii Kpakpo Thompson now airs on Joy Prime Sundays at 8:30 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.