Saturday, February 28, 2015

Miray (@Miray4real) Has To Be Nominated For The ‘#Unsung’ Category In The 2015 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards

This is one thing I promised myself not to ever do but see where I find myself now. 

I ought to do this because the sensational afro pop singer Miray Mansan Gomot, stage name Miray has professionally and undoubtedly proven to music lovers her immense contribution towards the music industry and I must emphatically stress that, she deserves to be nominated for the ‘Unsung’ category in this year’s Ghana music awards.

I know my people so well that, some will go about to speculate that, I have gone for some exorbitant sum of money or I relate her for writing this piece. Before I continue to give my reasons, let me make it clear that, I have not gone in for any money and also I don’t relate to her in any direction. I must just say that, I am doing my job as a media person and when someone deserves to be recommended it ought to be done.

The ‘Unsung’ category is created in order to include underground artistes who have released one or two songs on the market and have the capability to blow up to compete for the public votes in order for one of them to perform on the big night of the upcoming.

Let me tell you my reasons why the half Ghanaian half Ivorian musician need to be  nominated for  the ‘Unsung’ category in this year’s Vodafone Ghana Music Awards for.
The fast rising singer has over the years won the hearts and minds of her fans for her distinctive and flexible styles of blending English and French in her songs which for me it has really helped her in a way, since she can be pointed out as the only female Ghanaian musician with a unique style.

Talk of her hit tracks ‘Swagging’ which she talked about how most ladies grab attention on the dance floor, ‘Scream My Name’ ft Atumpan which she exhibited some raga jargons to spice her flair in rap and the just released ‘Akoku’ hit banger ft Nana Yaw of Ghana’s Hiplife music duo ‘Double’ which has also taken over the air waves in Ghana and beyond.

Again, her performance on stage is one thing that you can’t keep your eyes off. She makes sure her performances always become the talk of the day after every event.


During her maiden performance at the 2013 ‘24 Nite Concert’ held in Kumasi, the sexy songstress was named as the best performer - a show she performed alongside Sarkodie, Kwabena Kwabena, Fuse ODG and 2face Idibia.

That notwithstanding, her performance at the just ended Ghana DJ awards is something that Ghanaians have been hungry for a very long time. Miray rocked the night with her gorgeous and mesmerizing booty leaving her fans to ask for more.

By this I am hopeful to see Miray nominated for the ‘Unsung’ category in this year’s Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.

Miray ft Atumpan - Scream My Name
   
Miray Ghana Dj Awards 2015 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.