Monday, October 20, 2014

Lawyer Maurice Ampaw To Sue A-plus

Ace Ghanaian legal practitioner Dr. Maurice Ampaw has threatened to sue musician Kwame Asare Obeng publicly known as A-plus over the musician’s comments made against him on facebook. 

The lawyer in an interview on Monday’s edition of Showbiz Xtra on Happy FM said he is ready to institute legal proceedings against the musician to ‘immediately retract those defamatory statement about me and then to apologise”

When Dr. Cann, host of the entertainment show asked the private legal practitioner if his lawsuit against A-plus will be after Shatta Wale’s court proceedings, he answered “no, I won’t wait for Shatta’s case to die out of court”

‘I’m organizing a press conference before Friday at Dansoman to address the Castro saga, setting the records straight and then responding to issues. From there, I will call on A-plus to meet me in court. I want to send a message out there that, I will not insult you back if you treat me with disrespect but let the law speak for me”

He added that his writ is ready to be delivered to the outspoken musician to meet him in court.

A-plus wrote a letter on his Facebook page addressing it to Lawyer Maurice Ampaw for not disclosing the whereabouts of Castro and Janet Bandu after his stipulated date given.

Below is an unedited post by musician cum comedian Kwame Asare Obeng aka A-plus published on October 10, 2014.

“Today is Friday, the 10th day of October and the last time I’m writing about the disappearance of Castro and Janet. Some people have sent me inbox messages asking me to forget about Lawyer Maurice Ampaw and the Castro saga. I’m very sorry I’d have to disappoint you one more time and promise that this is the last time I will write about it if Lawyer Ampaw will do the honorable thing.

The reason why I have issues with Lawyer Maurice Ampaw is that, as a well letter man, he failed to understand and apply the simple English word “PROCEDURE.” Lawyer Ampaw’s discrediting of the work of the entire Ghana Police Service which had spent days investigating the mysterious disappearance in a rush to make selfish attention seeking capital out of this unfortunate incident is totally unacceptable.

It is very amazing that Lawyer Ampaw, a man of his status claimed that the police had done a bad job by not arresting everyone who was part of the trip when he as a lawyer knows very well that this country is a democracy with a constitution and the police have a criminal code to follow. He also pretended to be ignorant of the fact that the police have various ways of conducting investigations….. not necessarily arresting people and questions them but by also sending ununiformed men to the crime scene to conduct undercover investigations.

Most people didn’t understand why I posted some of the things I posted on Facebook about Lawyer Maurice Ampaw.

I agree that at a point I used some strong words like dumb which was below the belt and unnecessary. I sincerely apologize for that. But I must say I was overwhelmed by the fact that Lawyer Maurice Ampaw’s so called investigations was based mostly on what he is said to have heard from Akoo Nana, (A musician) My mechanic and very good friend Charles and one fetish priest at Ada. The spiritual information he had received was more credible as compared to what the investigators said. How sad.

Lawyer Ampaw went ahead to state categorically that he was going to tell the world the whole truth about the incident, making claims that suggested that Asamoah Gyan had a hand in the disappearance. I know lawyers and how they talk and was amazed that a lawyer could make such unsubstantiated conclusions. I don’t know if Lawyer Ampaw is aware that 17 years ago, an expatriate (Whiteman) went jet skiing at the same place and has never been found. It is possible that Castro and Janet would never be found.

Today is 10th October, 10 days after his deadline. Lawyer Maurice Ampaw, where is Castro and Janet? Why haven’t you openly said you were deceived or you want more time to unravel this mystery?

Most people take Ghanaian for fools. They say thing discrediting governments, individuals and institutions and get away with it.

Like Bob Marley said; You can fool some of the people all the time, all the people sometimes but it is never possible under the sun to fool all the people all the time.

Lawyer Ampaw must allow institutions in this country to work. He must also apologize to the Ghana Police service and Ghanaians and encourage people to support and have faith in the service. As for this kind of “intellectual masturbation,” (Saying things to please himself) I’m sure he has learnt his lesson.
   
‪#‎APieceOfEducationToALawyerWithADoctorateDegreeFromASecondarySchoolGraduate‬”

No comments:

Post a Comment

.