Tuesday, April 8, 2014

African Movie Academy Awards CEO, Peace Anyiam-Osigwe bows out after 10 years

Peace Anyiam-Osigwe of Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) has officially announced that after this year’s AMAA, she is stepping down as the Chief Executive Officer of the awards ceremony.

According to Peace, who made the declaration at the AMAA nominations party in South Africa last week, holding the position of CEO for the AMAA for 10 years was good enough.

“My last speech for tonight is for a reason. Ten years as the CEO of AMAA, for me it is one of those important things I have been talking about.

This year I will be stepping aside … because I need to go back to work in the creative industry and help improve on the economy of the African creative industries. This is AMAA, it is for Africans.

It was founded for all of us to grow this industry around the world and be recognized,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.