Friday, March 14, 2014

TRIBUTE TO A HISTORY MAKER BY LUCKY CALEBS

Death gives no notice when it is coming like most of us will prepare and meet it well. On Thursday 13th of March 2014 Ghana’s entertainment son who doubles as manager of Kwaw Kesse was murdered in cold blood at his residence on the spintex road ( Mannet Gardens ).

The death of this great son of the soil who did everything in his power to make sure that The GH Music Industry will reach a certain standard caught everybody by surprise. If someone will die so soon, not Fennec Okyere, many said on Social Media Platforms.

Friends and family including one of his trainees Lucky Caleb, a young director and film maker has shared some memories on Facebook on how he knew the deceased.

FENNEC OKYERE...I remember that faithful day, i walked into the offices of MEDIA GOLD PRODUCTION, bought a form to be part of the series Dada Boat, You were then the Pm...Without an audition you gave me a role as an informant in that story, My first time on National Tv, I called all my friends from my side from home and school to check me out on T.v...I went home so fulfilled...
Because i had no mobile phone then, 2003, you asked me to always call in to check if i would be part of any shoot again...I also could remember when the neighbor whose phone was referenced on my form run to me i had a call from Dada Boat...Just then i won respect in my community because my neighbor asked this question "OH SO YOU KNOW DADA BOAT, EII THEN YOU ARE A BIG MAN BUT WE DONT KNOW" I smiled and that special auntie fund me to the office the next morning, You FENNEC OKYERE then asked..."MASA WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU DONT COME ON SET? I humbly replied nothing...

Mr. Lucky Caleb
You said to me, come and work with us as a P.A...I again went home so fulfilled, i called friends and brothers my mother (RIP) Especially to share the good news....Indeed you were a God sent...2 weeks after which you gave me a mobile phone(VERY THICK BUT A PRIZE FOR NO JOB DONE YET...With my first number 0277-749737...Friends of friends am sure do remember this number...Few days after which you took time in that Ghetto with The Rasta Biker...What i represent as a P.A and then a complimentary card....GOD WHAT THE PRIVILEGE TO HAVE A COMPLIMENTARY CARD TOO...I served you till the first morning after the shoot at AAT HOTEL, Mickey Osei Berko gave me 6000 the old currency in his BENZ... I worked with you with Papa Lazy till i got to an assistant Pm.

Then i moved on to chasing the dream till where i am today...Two very important history makers in my life, MY MOTHER AND YOU...Its her one year celebration today, we are gathering to mourn and you are also gone...WHY WHY WHY.

I STILL WISHED IT IS A DREAM...IF I NEVER MORE SEE YOU AGAIN, I WILL MEET YOU AT THE JUDGEMENT DAY. GOD LOVES YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.