Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I Want EL & Sarkodie Says Female Rapper Splash

Nigerian female rapper Splash, born Genevieve Ogbuewu, last Thursday touched down in Accra following earlier reports that she wanted to test the music atmosphere in Ghana and possibly work in Ghana.

“I am here to see and meet my people. I am enjoying myself so far. It has been interesting, though I have not really stepped out to experience Accra. I hope I will jump on a track with EL and Sarkodie.

“I’m so looking forward to doing some collaboration with Sarkodie and EL and I am working towards that. It must happen before I go back,” Splash told YFM’s Blackboy on the Friday night Hot Jam.

Prior to coming to Ghana she released the single, ‘Ite Ego,’ featuring Gentle. The song is still enjoying rotation in Nigeria.

Splash is known for her style of rapping in Nigeria’s indigenous language.
From Ebonyi State, she holds a degree in English Language from Ebonyi State University.

The young rapper began her music career when she relocated to Lagos a few years ago and worked with top music labels before finding home in a fresh and enterprising label, August Pee Entertainment.

The pretty faced rapper, who raps mostly in Ibo language, grew up listening to the likes of Bone Thugs and Harmony, later Jay Z and Mode 9. Her mission in music is simply to take over and rule as a leading rapper not just for ladies but the entire music industry.

Her debut single tagged ‘Church Agbasa’ was produced by Sahara and Sainty and was mixed and mastered by Ace music producer VC Perez. Its remix was in English. Also, her song titled, ‘Winner’ featuring Ice Prince is also trending.

She has other singles and a new one to be released in Ghana. She shot her latest video in South Africa with God Father and it is yet to be released.

By Francis Addo (News One Ghana)

No comments:

Post a Comment

.