Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Okomfo Kwadee`s Mother Should Just Shut Up!

It's a well known fact that Okomfo Kwadee is not too well and that he needs medical attention. In as much as he needs medical attention, I am one of the few people who would also call for some sort of spiritual intervention to ensure that Kwadee totally becomes free from the entanglement of the abuse of the substance wee.

As at now, some people are of the opinion that Kwadee's present predicament may not be due to the abuse of wee. I strongly beg to differ. Kwadee's condition is simply due to the abuse of wee. I say this because I have strong evidence to back my assertion. So fortunately, when Kwadee's ''madness'' came into the public domain and people close to him were denying the story, I found myself at a vantage point all because at that time, I was spending five days in a week at the Accra Psychiatric Hospital .
 
I wasn't at the Accra Psychiatric Hospital as a mental patient but as a young man in my capacity as an employee at the Records Department. On day to day basis, I had access to Kwadee's medical folder and read it from one end to the other and realized he had been diagnosed as suffering from schizophrenia and psychosis. This won't be the right time to explain what schizophrenia and psychosis are but for those who are curious, they can quickly check on the internet.
I even had the chance of getting close to Kwadee in his hospital bed at the BHC ward. With his dreadlocks at that time totally scraped off, it was so evident that Kwadee's case was quite serious and damaging ;no wonder a close associate of Kwadee ''begged'' me not to divulge any information about Kwadee as I was also a radio presenter at that time.
 
I stand to be corrected but Kwadee's condition has been existent for more than five years. This should give a clear idea about how deep he got swallowed in the abuse of drugs and how difficult it is for him to come out of the predicament and concentrate on his music career.
 
I am very sure many people in the showbiz industry and out of the industry have tried to help Kwadee but they haven't been successful. Apart from the Accra Psychiatric Hospital, I am very sure he may have been to other hospitals  and have seen different doctors.
 
Just like any caring mother would do, Kwadee's mother has sought to seek help for Kwadee by appealing to all Ghanaians through many radio interviews but I believe it's about time she keeps her mouth shut. Talking about her son's ''madness'' on radio wouldn't cure Kwadee. Her outbursts on radio are rather causing embarrassment to the young artiste.
 

At this point in time, I am aware Kwadee's mother has been in constant chats with Evangelist Lord Kenya all in a move to ensure that Kwadee would be back to his old self. The best thing she can do at this time is to ensure that Kwadee receives more medical attention and back it with her prayers rather than finding pleasure in granting radio interviews and talking about Kwadee's illness.
 
In as much as Kwadee may be a celebrity for which reason many radio stations may want to find out how well he is getting or otherwise, I would be very glad if these radio stations would understand that the continuous discussion about Kwadee's health is no more doing good for the artiste. There is the tendency of crippling his music career without the slightest chance of his comeback even when he is totally cured, if the continuous discussion about his health pertains.

Once again, I would advise Kwadee's mum to shut her mouth up and reject any radio interview. Radio presenters and stations should try their best to keep Kwadee's health issue out of the public domain for now and rather channel all their efforts to ensuring that Kwadee gets back to his feet as one of the talented artistes in the country.

Surprisingly enough, even though many artistes are seeing clearly what the abuse of wee has done to Kwadee, they joyously still abuse wee and even go ahead to sing about it. As for Kwadee's mum, the best and wise thing for her to do would be to shut up. With God, Kwadee will soon be medically well in the head. I rest my case.

By Ebenezer Narh Affum

No comments:

Post a Comment

.