Tuesday, July 18, 2017

‘I’m The Second Best Selling Artiste In Africa After Wizkid’ – Mr Eazi

Rising music star, Oluwatosin Oluwole Ajibade, better known by his stage name Mr Eazi, has declared himself the second bestselling artiste in West Africa and the only person ahead of him is label mate, Wizkid.

According to the singer in a recent radio interview on Starr Drive with Giovani Caleb, he’s held that place in the past year on a number of the major global music streaming platforms.

‘I don’t mean to brag but in the past one year in West Africa, I’ve been the second bestselling artiste on Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Tidal … the second best next to Wizkid.’

He also clarified that he’s in business with Starboy Worldwide, not signed into some ‘360 deal’ as many have made it to appear.

‘I’m unsigned. I never even signed myself … We’ve all been in business,’ Mr Eazi said of being part of the label alongside Wizkid, Efya and R2Bees.

‘It’s just the mentality of people. When you hear Drake signed The Weeknd, it doesn’t mean Drake brought some 360 deal, there are different ways of signing an artiste.

‘What it is is that we’re in business together, Everybody is in business together and I feel like I’m getting the most because now, when I walk into a meeting and I say ‘Starboy Worldwide’ they are like ‘oh, Wizkid, Efya,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.